What is osCommerce and how to install osCommerce in localhost?
Oscommerce is shopping cart open source licensed version.
It is purely developed in PHP language.
it is download from the site http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads
Just follow the following instructions:
- Unzip the downloaded file in the appserv->www folder.
- Create a database for the oscommerce shopping cart.
- just run the file like in the browser
- It is redirected to install.php file and install in the system.
- In the installation process give the database details also.
server details : localhost
database user : root
database password : root
database name : oscommerce
- Give the admin details also
admin user name and password.
- After we enter the all details we will complete the installation process of oscommerce.
- Just delete or rename the install.php file
- In the includes folder configure.php file change the permission of the file to read only.
- The run the shopping cart url like :